The BIGGEST benefit of a 100% Mineral Make Up is that it is designed to sit on the surface of the skin. It will not penetrate into the pores like a chemical make up will. Time and time again, chemical make up is the culprit for my clients breakouts, bumps under the skin and skin irritations.
Clients that go on to a 100% Mineral Make Up like the Jane Iredale that I use, will never go back to a chemical make up again.
- It feels better (more natural on the skin)
- It has a flawless finish
- It will assist in calming a sensitive/rosacea skin
- It is healthy for the skin
- Fantastic coverage
- Some contain natural sunscreens, giving an anti-ageing benefit as well
- Non-comedogenic, will not block pores.
- Virtually no allergy risk.
- All products have been sensitivity tested.
- Broad-spectrum UVB and UVA protection - up to SPF 30. UVA tested at High.
- Anti-inflammatory, helps to calm and soothe irritated skin.
- Very water resistant rating by an FDA-approved lab.
- Complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea and redness following treatments like chemical peels and laser resurfacing.
- Contains no talc or parabens.
- Composed of inert minerals that cannot support bacteria.
- Mica, Boron Nitride, Plankton extract, Iron Oxides, Dimethicone and Ultramarines ... for more, click on individual products to view their ingredients
The Make Up will be called Mineral Make Up, but only part of the make up is minerals. The rest I am afraid ... is chemicals.
So how do we know if our Mineral Make Up is 100% Minerals???
According to the ACCC, after discussions with them, there is no law stating that to be labelled as a Mineral Make Up you need to have XWY % of Minerals in the product.
It could contain 1% minerals and be called a Mineral Make Up.
So, hence my blog. As a skin care professional and skin advisor, I wish to pass this information on to you, so you are empowered when you purchase products. Lets face it, it is a MINEFIELD out there.
What is the best product for me? Will I react? Is this 100% minerals? What chemicals are in here? Are chemicals bad for me? All of these questions needs answers for you to be able to make informed decisions on what you purchase, to minimize buying products that aren't suited to you.
When purchasing YOUR Mineral Make Up, ask your skin care professional, "is this a 100% mineral make up?"
If you want to be an investigator yourself ...
- check out the ingredients on the label - google them, do they sound weird, hard to pronounce?
- does it contain talc?? Usually one of the first ingredients on the product label ... not a mineral!
- visit your Mineral Make Up Brands website ... what information do they have there? What testing have they done? Do they state they are 100% minerals?
I hope I have helped shed some light on Mineral Make Up for you. If you are experiencing break outs, redness/flaking skin, pustules etc, give a 100% Mineral Make Up a go. If the make up is the culprit, my clients will start to see an improvement in their skin within 7 days! Yes, that quick. When you take away what is irritating the skin, you see vast improvements.
I am available for email consultations, skype consults, phone chats, and in my clinic in Sydney on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Happy to extend my knowledge and help you achieve the skin you want .... today!
Happy Skin Days,